Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Special Thank You


Today I am a blessed woman to be able to say thank you to our Veteran’s, to have the freedom to say thank you and also am blessed to say thank you to an amazing husband who served our country for 4 active years and the 4 more inactive years.

I was hit this morning with many realities about what our service men and woman do for us. Sometimes it is the simple things that make us have the simplest moments of gratitude. I walked into the garage to feed the puppies this morning and saw my husband’s duffle bag. Most days this would mean, he is home and I need to start his laundry, but today the US Army logo and stitching made me say a little prayer of thanksgiving for him and all the service men and woman who have and do serve so we can have our freedoms. It also made me think of what he has seen and where that bag has taken him. It hit hard me hard this morning!

I am so thankful for the man my husband is and I am thankful that the Army helped him become that man. I also took a step back today and realized that Brandon being gone during the work week the last 5 weeks really is nothing of a hardship compared to the families that are without a loved one for months at a time and never really knowing if they will come home.

So on behalf of the Boyles Family I say thank you to the Veterans of the USA. You are forever in my prayer!

0 comments: